|Location:||Pyromet Facility - Aston, PA|
To fabricate silver and ensure quality production of metal. This is a first shift position: M-F 7am-3:30pm. Includes benefit options and paid leave/sick time. Starting pay: $15-18/hour.
Pyromet is a privately-owned Precious Metals Manufacturer and Refiner of Silver, Gold and Platinum Group Metals. We provide product and refining services for film, high grade, plating, investment, electronic and other industrial markets.
Since 1969, Pyromet has been the trusted name in Precious Metals and Precious Metals Management. Founded upon a patented process, Pyromet maintains and develops the latest chemistries and methods in refining and manufacturing. Through one-of-a-kind film wash processes, the latest in thermal reduction capabilities, and proprietary equipment and manufacturing techniques, Pyromet offers our customers maximum precious metal yields and the highest quality products. In addition, through the self-initiative of each of our dedicated employees, we strive for a friendly, fast-paced environment that fosters exceptional teamwork and long term partnerships.
- Run caster machine utilizing method of continuous casting of silver
- Use molds and forms to fabricate silver products
- Work around heat conditions/molten metal at ~2000 degrees
- Utilize proper safety materials and PPE (personal protective equipment including but not exclusively safety glasses, masks, steel-toed boots, long pants and sleeves).
- Will be taught how to produce purified precious metal products
- Hand fabricate purified silver products
- Use shear, band saw, table saw, hydraulic press, and plate rolling machines to fabricate and prepare finished goods
- Follow and meet the production schedule
- Inspect products and maintain quality standards
- Complete documentation
- Ensure safe operation of gas-fired and induction melting furnaces
- Properly use, operate and maintain machinery to reduce downtime
- Plant experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer experience
- Well organized, multi-tasker and good with time management in high pressure situations
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs. for extended periods of time
- Able to handle exposure to extreme heats
- Experience in safety program a plus
- Mechanical abilities preferred
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required
- Driver’s License required